Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 85

Thread: How did you get to start reading yaoi?

  1. #21
    Inactive Member aikasan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5th, 2003
    Posts
    120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    me too, i can't imagine their faces if they saw what i read, in one hand it would be a funny situation (they still think i'm too innocent, the poor ones)but in the other i't would be a disaster (plus the fact they don't like very much the anime/manga thing)(@.@)

  2. #22
    Inactive Member Crystallyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2003
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ::waves hands too::

    Yeah, none of my family knows either. Sister is happily engaged about to be married next month, and parents would be sooo grossed out. And I only found yaoi earlier this summer (roundabout July, I believe).

    Scary how quickly an obsession can take over you life, ne?

    ~Crystal
    (who loves her yaoi to pieces anyway)

    PS: I don't think I could bring myself to read a Harry Potter fic, though. I *definitely* prefer manga characters for my yaoi fixes.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Lamasu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2003
    Posts
    85
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I guess I am different here [img]smile.gif[/img] all my family knows (my son is a bit to young to understand though [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) my mum ocasionally browse my books - she is not really into yaoi but she can see the apeal. my dad thinks its funny but has no objections at all. my husband is suportive although not a fan of yaoi himself.

    my inlaws are homophobic sooooooo- I make sure there is always a particularly explicit yaoi manga lying around where they can "accidentally" see it [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member jadey's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2003
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yah i didnt get into yaoi untill i got here about last year august...which was when i was actually searching for some kamikaze kaitou pics...still dont know how typing that in google lead me here...with no kamikaze ever mentioned.

    but yah first i was like omg thats soo bad..so id read it and then deleate all traces of me reading it in the history. cuz i was afraid someone would check. then someone posted a link to obsession and i was like [img]eek.gif[/img]

    at first i thought it was such a bad thing i should be so guilty and ashamed...but after reading the posts here i was like...well if other girls read that stuff and are ok with it...then i am too

    so now im thoroughly corrupted...and am a huge yaoi fan..not so much on yuri though..srry theres just nothing good out. though there is this one called HEN..that i read somewhere..it was kinda funny..but i wasnt too impressed by it.

    but yah...i still hide all my downloaded stuff..and i password my account. i definetly dont tell my family.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member LiL dEviL MiNeE's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2003
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hmmm.. how did i get hooked into yaoi? heh... well, it started out with fushigi yuugi, kenshin and the basic anime.. i was looking at some sites and i found kizuna. i knew it was relating to some yakuza so i found it interesting and i started reading and yup... After that, i think it was fish in the trap that was in Desperate love. i just d/led the scanlation for the hell of it and yeah... everything went yaoi from there on. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    my sister knows that i read yaoi but other than that, none of my families know. she says i'm "obsessed"? well... yeah.. ok, i admit it is going toward obsession. oor i'm already obsessed. hahaha.. if my parents found out, my parents would probably take me to church and pray for my soul? since it's "sin" to think they are appropriate or something. i think they'll lock me in a mental institute.. who knows... [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

    As for my sis, she knows i read them and she reads some shounen ai now and then but not the graphic ones. Like love mode, viewfinder, etc... it doesn't appeal to her. oh wellz.. i like them so it's all that matters~ [img]wink.gif[/img]

  6. #26
    Inactive Member goddessneptune's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    17
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well none of my friends know about my yaoi obsession. I'm thinking I should tell some of my gay male drama friends cause I don't expect they'd be too suprised. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] If CPM releases Kizuna by May (which I doubt) then I'll be buying it at a con...which I'll be at with some of my friends, so it might be a good idea to tell those going with me what I'm going to buy so they don't lift their eyebrowns in shock when I have to give ID [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] (which seems quite possible for Kizuna). ^^

    Also when I find people who are into really into anime I ask them if they like shounen-ai, and if they say yes to that I figure they won't mind me saying that I'm into yaoi so I tell them. I have about three anime friends in real life who know I like yaoi.

    I think my parents strongly suspect I'm into yaoi but don't talk about it. My brother knows because I told him. He's not exactly a yaoi fan but I don't think he minds it, he even asked to watch the Kizuna OVA with me! He's thirteen years old so I basically said erm...okay but if there are any graphic scenes I will pause it and make you leave the room. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I kinda like the danger involved when I'm watching yaoi in my house (of course when my parents aren't there, or in my room with the door shut). I'll admit that last year I even used some of my spares to read lemons [img]eek.gif[/img] in a Roman Catholic school. I was very careful to make sure that the site had no layout so to speak though, and I minimized the screen every time someone went by.

    I am Christian but still into yaoi. I don't exactly know if it's right, but all I know is that I like it and that sex between two people is natural no matter what there gender is. It's kinda ironic that my dad's a minister but if he found out I don't think he'd try to "correct" my views. He might not be comfortable with it but my whole family is kinda liberal.

  7. #27
    Inactive Member Neko Morningstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 1st, 2003
    Posts
    65
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    lol that's funny, and you're defnitely being kinda mean to your inlaws. Oh well. *shrug* They're your inlaws! ^_^

    All in all, the majority of my friends know. Then again,t he majority of my friends are eitehr bi or lesbian or gay. Ya know, that sorta thing. Me liking yaoi didn't really shock any of them, and they could see the appeal in it, even though they may not be big fans of those things. I think only about five or six people IRL knows that I read and write yaoi. *shrug*

  8. #28
    Inactive Member Jackrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2003
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The way I see it, reading yaoi should be institutionalized throughout the world (hear me out on this one people).

    It's entertaining, but it also broadens your horizons, makes you a more open-minded and better person. That is, if you think open-mindedness is a good thing. If you don't, you're kind of freaky.

    Now, I'm not one for generalizing, but usually people who are extremely homophobic have other issues as well, and can't really said to be accept views of others with an easy-going and understanding attitude.

    In a society which from early years tries to label us and force us into a route (study well, graduate well, find good job, marry, have children, retire, grow a little fruit or vegetable garden, don't make too much of a fuss when you die) it is positively liberating to embrace new ideas, and find a snuggly little warm place in you heart for yaoi... and make the world a bit of a better place to live.

    The End [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

  9. #29
    Inactive Member LiL dEviL MiNeE's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2003
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah... none of my friends know cause they're not openminded. my friends gets a freaked out so i don't even bother. although i believe my work leads might be interested.. hehe.. [img]wink.gif[/img] yeah... i'm christian too.. bible said something about being it a sin but then again, what isn't a sin? everything we do is a "sin" so... yeah... stopped caring. i'll just end up in hell or something.

    i asked one of my guy friend why he doesn't like gay ppl and i asked him when he was drunk by the way. kekeke... [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] and he said it's probably cause he might end up being one. So yeah.. but i guess that's how many guys feel about it.

    I seriously don't see anything wrong with two ppl having to sleep with one another even if they are same gender. besides, who are we to say anything? but yeah.. i gotta admit, after i started to getting into yaoi, i became a lot more open minded. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    but i think lots of gay guys are seriously hot. i should know.. i met a lot at my work. [img]wink.gif[/img] and also this guy that i had a thing for ended up being one. who would've thought it... so we're just friends now.

  10. #30
    Inactive Member Jackrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2003
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Exactly! Gay guys are usually much hotter than straight ones... take better care of themselves.... if you have ever seen Queer eye for the straight guy, than you know what I mean. In manga and anime it is different... everybody is teh hottie...

    And yeah I guess it does get complicated when you are a devout Christian and a hardcore yaoi fan... nyeh nyeh [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]
    I mean it took me some time to get over my issues, and I am not even religious.

    And people obsess way too much about people of the same sex sleeping together when there are so many really terrible things happening everywhere. [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img]
    Screw homophobes! Not literally....eww....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •